Recorded on June 21, 2023
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) has the potential to be a game-changer for the clean energy industry and for consumers across the country, but only if electric utilities respond to the rapidly changing market conditions. The IRA’s potential is being put to the test in real-time across the country as power providers continue proposing to build new fossil fuel generation, despite shifting economics.
On Wednesday, June 21, 2023, Advanced Energy United and a panel of experts discussed the results of four case studies comparing the costs of new gas versus solar, wind and storage designed to provide equivalent energy and reliability, and what the results mean for resource planning and ratepayers everywhere.
- An overview of Strategen Consulting Group’s assessment of four proposed gas plants in light of the IRA (View the reports available here and here)
- Industry perspectives on these changing market dynamics
- Implications for utilities, regulators, and stakeholders who engage in resource planning
- Maria Roumpani, Strategen Consulting Group
- Tremaine Phillips, Michigan Public Service Commission
- Sarah Webster, Pattern Energy
Senior Vice President, External Affairs and Market Development
- Harry Godfrey, Advanced Energy United